Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Blogging Universe

Hello there!

I’ve been doing some research into this very engrossing world of online blogging and have discovered a few interesting things both about myself as a blogger and just about the blogging community in general.

The first discovery I have made about myself while reading a blog is this: I’m informal. Yes, I know, as a “writer” I should probably put more effort into my literary exertions than I already do. Some of the blogs I read were very well written and reminiscent of a current event article one would find in The New York Times or even an excerpt from an upcoming novel, this just isn’t my style. Don’t get me wrong. I can write. Actually, in my own opinion, I can write pretty damn well; however, as a blogger I tend to be more informal. I want you to feel as though we’re talking to one another, not as though I’m reaching for a Pulitzer.

The second shocking little bit of information I unearthed while reading other blogs is complete news to me: there are very few blogs about costuming. This makes me sad. We shall work on this.

The third and final development in my quest to unmask the universe of Bloggers: there are hardly any “how to” blogs. So, I’ve decided to start vlogging on Youtube. Films, Fabric, and Feedback will now have a Youtube account featuring videos with me as the host. I’ll discuss costuming and film topics in addition to my web blog and will even show you how to sew a few things!

(I promise to complete my three part costuming blog sometime this week.)

All right people, we’ve got a lot of work to do! Let’s get crack ‘in!

1 comment:

  1. Being informal is totally okay. While there are some people whose blogs display the kind of brilliance that I can only bow down and worship, I find that the informal style works best for me. It's all about finding your groove and then owning it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Be respectful!