Thursday, November 5, 2009

I GOTS ME A JOB

So…today I finally decided to be productive.

Now, I know some of you must be cross with me due to my serious hiatus from the internet; however, I have a good excuse for it. In addition to my hectic school and work schedule I have recently landed a costuming job!

I will be the head costume designer for a short film based off of Frank Beddor’s beloved graphic novel series “Hatter M.” This project will take a good deal of my time and energy and I’m thoroughly looking forward to every second of it!

I don’t want to give away too much of what I plan to do but let me just say this: I’m thrilled at the prospect of meshing eras together. Beddor’s take on the enthralling world of Wonderland is unlike any other I’ve encountered. Various costumes from an array of different eras are going to be meshed together to give a new look to the world of Alice. Basically, picture a high court of Royalty gathered at a table dawning Tudor garb while the peasants of Wonderland roam the streets draped in Regency inspired gowns and so on and so forth.

I plan to have a few of my renderings viral within the next week or so… but we’ll see.

I’ve listed a few links concerning Beddor and his novels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqab6c6VHIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9gcGQeHAwI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be respectful!